Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 5 - Proquest

I have used Proquest a lot in my college studies.  It is a great source of factual information for my research.

For this assignment I looked up "Library Volunteers"...and found 56508 results.  So, I narrowed it down to Libraries AND volunteers and there were only 87 results.  That is more manageable.   I revisited an article that I used for one of my library science classes.  "Voluntarily Happy" by Gretchen Rubin, Good Housekeeping, Nov 2011.  I also found a review of one of my text books, "Managing Library Volunteers", 2nd edition by Preston Driggers and Eileen Dumas, ALA 2011.

I like being able to cite all the information that I find.

In Publications I searched for Libraries and there are 14 different publications.  9 are scholarly journals, 4 are trade journals and 1 is a magazine.

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Good job, Norsk Lady! I know you know your way around here! Thanks for your comments.