Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week 10 - Wrap Up

My biggest discovery is that I am more familiar with these electronic resources than I realized.  I use them for my college homework.  Instead of using the college's databases I head to the ones at the South Dakota State Library.

I  asked Julie Erickson to come to our library this summer for an Open House Training.  This will be in the newspaper and promoted by the library.  There are already people interested in attending.  Of course, there will be coffee and cookies, too!

I have to keep using and refreshing my memory concerning these electronic resources so I can tell our patrons what we have available.  And, I mention them in my monthly newspaper column.  But, until a person needs the information they don't always pay attention.

Thank you for providing this Electronic Resources Challenge.  I am glad I finally bit the bullet and took it.  It wasn't hard and it didn't take that much time to complete each challenge.

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

We are so glad to have you with us, Vicki!Your Open House idea is a great one and will be fun--wish I could be there, too! Thanks for meeting and completing the Challenge! CONGRATULATIONS!!